Reading time ( words)
Does your company manufacture or purchase e-textiles materials for use in your products? If so, you will want to attend a free IPC webinar on a new standard being developed by the IPC E-Textiles Materials Subcommittee.
IPC-4931, Requirements for Electronic Textiles (E-Textiles), Conductive Fibers and Conductive Yarns will be the first industry consensus standard for e-textiles materials. It will establish the classification system, qualification and quality conformance requirements and electrical/electronic performance requirements for electronically integrated textiles (e-textiles). It will also cover similar requirements and performance variables for conductive fibers and conductive yarns, which are essential components of e-textiles.
This webinar will provide background on the need for this standard, a report on the subcommittee’s work and additional activities the subcommittee has planned.
Topics to be covered:
• An overview of IPC-4931 and the formation of the E-Textiles Materials Subcommittee
• Key characteristics of e-textiles materials
• Industry test methods for e-textiles and identifying gaps in test methods
• Materials designations
• Publication plan for IPC-4931 and how IPC standards are developed
• How you can shape this standard or develop additional standards
Stephanie Rodgers, Apex Mills — IPC E-Textiles Materials Subcommittee co-chair
Diana Wyman, AATCC – IPC E-Textiles Materials Subcommittee co-chair
Chris Jorgensen, IPC E-Textiles Committee staff liaison
Date and Time:
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
12:00 PM to 1:00 PM Eastern
To register for Webinar, click here. Registrations will be accepted until October 30.