Reading time ( words)
Electronics Industry News
- Kingwong Seeks European Sales & Engineer Manager
News from the FED
- FED feiert 25-jähriges Jubiläum in Berlin: Digitalisierung im Fokus
News from Germany
- Smart Systems Integration 2018: Deadline for Abstract Submission Extended
News from Norway
- Elmatica COO Raymond Goh Increases His Responsibilities in the Company
News from productronica
- Seica SpA to Exhibit at productronica 2017
News from the UK
- ICT Evening Seminar at the Majestic Hotel, Harrogate, on December 5, 2017
- Polar Instruments News
- Smart Group: BGA, QFN Fine Pitch Rework Experience Live
- IMAPS-UK presents RELPACK 2017
News from WECC Members
Click here for the International Events Diary 2017
Click here to download the complete SpeedNews Issue 31
Pete Starkey, I-Connect007
The first day of the conference had started and ended in the dark—a long and technically intense day! After a convivial conference dinner and a good night’s sleep we were back on the bus, this time in daylight at the slightly later time of 8:00 a.m., for the journey from downtown Lyon back to Alstom’s conference facility in Villeurbanne, and it wasn’t raining. In fact, there was even some sunshine later in the day!
Barry Matties, I-Connect007
The end of 2017 caps an exciting time for IPC and IPC China as membership has grown substantially, in part because of new offerings from the organization to its Asian members. Meeting with Barry Matties at HKPCA, John Mitchell and Phil Carmichael discuss the areas of focus for IPC in the upcoming year, first and foremost being education and welcoming a new generation into the industry.
Akber Roy, Rush PCB Inc.
Designing with flexible PCBs is not much different from doing the same with rigid boards, except that the designer must account for the mechanical complexity associated with flex circuits. For instance, a flexible PCB can tear if flexed beyond its capability during installation. Therefore, it is very important to create a mechanical model of the PCB and test it for a proper fit, before taking up the electrical design.