Reading time ( words)
Performing post-layout verification of multi-gigabit SerDes channels is a challenging but necessary task, because even the most detailed pre-layout simulation studies and routing guidelines can’t anticipate everything. Designs that meet detailed routing requirements can still fail due to discontinuities and resonances that couldn’t have been anticipated.
The large numbers of channels in modern designs makes post-route verification difficult; each channel must be modeled and analyzed individually, which requires an automated, efficient process to be successful. Once modeled, each channel must be analyzed for compliance with protocol requirements in the same automated fashion. This September 8 webinar presented by Mentor, a Siemens business, will discuss requirements for effective SerDes channel post-route verification and show how they can be achieved.
- Different types of SerDes compliance analysis
- Compliance analysis using Channel Operating Margin (COM)
- Differences between COM analysis and IBIS-AMI simulation
- Different forms of Tx/Rx equalization and when they are effective
- How to identify areas of a SerDes channel that require 3D EM modeling
- How to isolate individual physical effects and determine their effect on system margin
- How to perform post-layout “what if” analysis for SerDes channels
- How to determine the impact of crosstalk on SerDes channel margins
Presenters are Min Maung, senior technical marketing engineer for HyperLynx software, and Todd Westerhoff, high-speed marketing manager.
September 8, 2020
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Asia/Singapore
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Europe/London
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM US/Eastern
To register, click here.