Reading time ( words)
In the halls, on the exhibit show floor, at dinner, lunch or breakfast—the opportunities to connect at the upcoming IPC APEX EXPO 2018, to be held at the San Diego Convention Center in California, from February 27 – March 1, 2018, are immense.
Here are highlights of scheduled networking and special events:
- Awards Luncheons
- International Reception*
- First-Timers Welcome Reception*
- Keynote Session - Jared Cohen, founder and director of Google Ideas at Google and now CEO of Jigsaw*
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony*
- IPC Annual Meeting and Luncheon
- Show Floor Reception*
- Ice Cream Social on the Show Floor*
- Emerging Engineer Meet and Greet
- Women in Electronics Reception*
- Passport to Prizes Raffle Drawing on the Show Floor – NEW for 2018!*
- MIT/Certification Center Meet and Greet (by invitation)
- VIP/GR Dinner (IPC Members Only)
*Event Essentials, included with registration.
Dennis Fritz, Fritz Consulting
On October 5, 2018, the Department of Defense (DoD) highlighted issues with the release of the 146-page report “Assessing and Strengthening the Manufacturing and Defense Industrial Base and Supply Chain Resiliency of the United States” from President Donald J. Trump.
Patty Goldman, I-Connect007
As our electronic devices and machines become more powerful and as Moore’s Law chugs along, things in the world of PCBs keep getting smaller. You know the drill—finer lines and spaces, thinner laminates, more layers— cram more circuitry into the same or shrinking area. Where will it all end? Or will it?
Happy Holden, I-Connect007
I-Connec007’s Happy Holden had the pleasure of attending IPC’s High Reliability Forum (HRF) in Baltimore in May. As the IPC scripted it, it was a “Technical Conference with a Focus on Electronics Subjected to Harsh-Use Environments.”