Reading time ( words)
The European Institute of Printed Circuits (EIPC) and IPC are partnering with ENVIRON UK Ltd to bring a conflict minerals workshop designed specifically for companies under pressure by pending European Union (EU) conflict minerals legislation, existing U.S. laws and human rights campaigns to declare the use and origin of conflict minerals in their products.
The workshops will provide current information on:
- EU conflict minerals legislation
- how to address customer inquiries
- best practices of leading industry companies
- impact of U.S. legislation on EU companies
The schedules are as follows:
- 2 February - Sponsored by IFTEC, to be held at ESPACE HAMELIN, Centre d'Affaires & Services, Paris, France
- 4 February - In conjunction with the EIPC Winter Conference, to be held in Hotel NH München Airport, Munich, Germany
- 6 February - Hosted by Alpha, to be held in Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom
For more information, click here.
On the last morning of IPC APEX EXPO 2018, we met with Nancy Jaster, IPC design programs manager and one of the driving forces behind IPC’s STEM Outreach program for high school students. We spoke about the students who were arriving on site at IPC APEX EXPO, and what the industry, and IPC, hoped to achieve with this valuable program.
Barry Matties, I-Connect007
With the recent planned acquisition of Orbotech in place by maker KLA-Tencor, much of the industry has speculated about Orbotech’s future. Barry Matties spoke with CEO Asher Levy about what lies in store for the Orbotech group and, more specifically, their PCB division should the deal close.
Patty Goldman, I-Connect007
We’ve all heard the cliché: What goes around, comes around. I’ve always felt that was especially true in our industry, with the frequent job changes people make—much accelerated in recent years but always a factor, since I can remember.