Reading time ( words)
In less than 30 minutes, learn from flex expert Joe Fjelstad about considerations when designing flexible circuits.
Fjelstad suggests starting holistically, considering all elements of the product:
- Use “paper doll” mock-ups to expose issues early on
- Be prepared to make decisions when mechanical and electrical requirements conflict
- Learn about tolerancing, nesting, etch factors, and more
Other segments include topics such as flexible circuit designs, principles, and practices; design guidelines for bending, folding, and dynamic movement of flexible circuits; flexible circuit singulation methods; assembly aids, and more.
These 10 workshop segments, created and presented by renowned flex expert Joe Fjelstad, produced and edited by I-Connect007, and sponsored by American Standard Circuits, are a comprehensive look at flexible circuit board design, manufacturing, and assembly.
Register here to view this segment and the entire free workshop. Don’t miss what technical editor Pete Starkey calls, “An encyclopaedic series!”
- Joe Fjelstad's e-Workshop Reviewed
- I-007eBook: Flexible Circuit Technology, 4th Edition
- I-007eBook: The Printed Circuit Designer's Guide to Flex and Rigid-Flex Fundamentals